Starting a business is difficult work. But keeping it healthy and making sure it is sustainable in the long-term, requires new ways of thinking.
As businesses mature, they face increasingly complex issues, requiring more sophisticated research, market analysis and strategic planning. Some questions you might be considering include:
- How can I increase my profitability?
- How do I deal with human resource issues, including hiring employees?
- What new products or services can I develop?
- What tax-saving devices should I be using?
- Does the company have sufficient insurance coverage?
- How can I develop my leadership skills?
Idaho SBDC’s talented business consultants and coaches can help you with any of your business needs. Third party statistical studies have shown that our clients consistently outperform their peers. This is because owners who seek assistance and build their knowledge and skills are better equipped to lead their businesses to success.
Take advantage of our no-cost consulting by making an appointment today.Request an appointment
First, make sure that you have a handle on the basics of financial analysis, cash flow and funding options. Next, look at marketing, human resources and growth strategies. Your Idaho SBDC consultant can discuss these and other business questions with you during your appointment.
If you own a company that is developing or commercializing an innovative product, process or service, check out the Technology/Innovation section of our website and then tap into our Tech Team for assistance.
Do you think exporting is just for large companies? Have you received inquiries from outside the US for your product or service? Exporting may seem complicated and scary but our Export Team has your back. We can help assure that you have a strong foundation, assess your readiness, identify foreign markets and put you in touch with a wealth of resources.
The Idaho SBDC has a license for ProfitCents, an automated financial analysis software suite consisting of four main components:
1. Plain language reporting tools for financial analysis.
2. Analytical review/audit tools for financial auditing.
3. Information for real-time private company industry benchmarks.
4. Business Projections & Valuations for financial forecasts, projections and valuations.
Visit your local office to take advantage of this no-cost service.
Our business consultants/coaches have run their own businesses, completed advanced degrees and received professional development certification. They talk with all kinds of businesses every day so have a wealth of knowledge and experience. If they don’t have the answer, they know who does and can tap into a local, regional and national network. Idaho SBDC assistance will provide your business with the tools necessary to:
- Increase profits through solid business strategies
- Expand client volume through targeted marketing
- Grow sales through vital network development
- Create an energized work environment through effective leadership
Read how other companies have been successful by using Idaho SBDC assistance, business tips, and our lasts news in our Resources section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our FAQs to see what other entrepreneurs, just like you, want to know.